Music Pups and Music Cats from The Music Class Inc.
CLICK for CONVENIENT and EASY ONLINE REGISTRATION and SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
Please see our website at The Music Class, Inc. for all of the information you need on these wonderful early childhood music classes.
Playful Pups is offered to mixed ages from birth to 5.
Cool Cats is for children ages 4 and 5 only, and takes the curriculum to the next level.
What is Mini-MusicMakers?
Mini-MusicMakers is a family-style music and movement class for children ages birth to 5 with their parent or caregiver. The primary goal for Mini-MusicMakers is to help each child to achieve Basic Music Competence. Basic Music Competence is defined as the ability to sing in tune and keep a steady beat. If a child achieves Basic Music Competence, he/she will be able to understand and enjoy listening to music. He/she will also be well prepared to create music and to play an instrument.
While we take our goal of educating children very seriously, we know that the key to success lies in one word—fun! Everyone has a great time in class, and children love listening to our CDs over and over again at home. Because we know it is essential for grownups to enjoy the songs as well, we make sure our music isn’t simplistic or babyish. Parents frequently tell us how much they enjoy the music.
Grounded in studies of the Mozart effect, children will learn how to keep a steady beat, match pitch using tonal patterns, echo rhythms using rhythm patterns and how to hear, sing and play major and minor tonalities, duple and triple rhythms, and macro and micro beats. At the same time, students improve their fine and gross motor skills, social skills, creative skills and verbal skills.
We have a great time doing 14 to 16 songs and activities each week by playing instruments, singing, dancing, using the parachute and imaginitive play. The Mini-MusicMakers program is part of the highly-acclaimed international program called The Music Class. Our sound recordings used in class have won numerous awards for excellence, including “Best Children’s Album.”
Enjoying Music Class What happens at Mini-MusicMakers?
- Singing fosters the development of your child’s most important instrument, the voice, through vocal exploration, songs and chants.
- Moving develops body awareness, coordination and spatial relationships, through synchronized movement, creative movement, and simple dances.
- Playing Instruments introduces a variety of musical timbres with percussive instruments such as rhythm sticks, jingle bells, resonator bars and more.
- Creating stimulates your child’s imagination and encourages self expression with sound and movement.
- Patterning boosts your child’s ability to think musically through the integration of basic rhythmic and tonal language.
- Listening cultivates your child’s heightened attentiveness to sound discrimination.
- Exploring timbre, dynamics, tempo and pitch lays the foundation for conceptualization of elements of music.